Add this webinar to your calendar:
Sexuality remains an issue of concern and often dispair for a great deal of couples with one or both individuals have physical disability. This webinar will address the misapprehensions and barriers to healthy, accessible sexuality for people with physical disability. It will provide therapists with tools to assess the needs, ambitions, capibilities and worries of their patients, even without expertise in the disability itself. We will discuss using their patient's specific familiarity with their abilites and preferences, to seek accommodations.
Beyond the work focused on the patients, we will also look into our own hesitations and discomfort regarding unconventional erotic and sexual acts.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- To identify the barriers to participation in healthy sexuality for individuals with physical disability
- To provide permission and information to work with patients in need of discovering their sexuality or having a corrective experience
- To teach appropriate tools to make sex or relevant sexual behaviours accessible
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level Click here to see levels of programing : ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician: Click for Description :
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers (#SW-0048), and by the NYSED’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (#MFT-0046) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0082).