Add this webinar to your calendar:
5.5 CE Credits, $89.99
This EMDR One Day Refresher will review the 8 phases of
EMDR Therapy through lecture and live demonstrations. Each phase will be discussed in detail, with additional troubleshooting for each phase. Additional topics include EMDR in the virtual environment, interweaves for stuck processing, crisis processing, and additional protocol information.
If time allows at end of the presentation, consultation questions will be answered.
Trainer, Crystal Whitlow is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in South Bend, Indiana, specializing in trauma treatment. In addition to her private practice, Crystal teaches EMDR Therapy Basic trainings, EMDR Advanced trainings, and provides consultation to clinicians throughout the United States. Crystal's teaching style is relatable and practical, giving you actual tools to use with clients in practice.
10:00 am-11: 30 am: Case conceptualization (Phases 1-2) lecture and demonstration, including EMDR via telehealth
11:30 am-1:00 pm: Processing phases (3-7) lecture and demonstration
1:00 pm-2:00 pm: Lunch
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm Troubleshooting processing phases and Reevaluation (Phase 8 of EMDR)
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm Interweaves/stuck processing, additional protocols information, consultation questions
Breaks will be 5-10 minutes on the hour
Crystal Whitlow is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in South Bend, Indiana. Crystal began her career as a therapist in domestic violence and sexual assault crisis centers, followed by Community Mental health work. In 2008, she opened her private practice specializing in PTSD with a focus on EMDR therapy. She is an Approved Consultant and Trainer in EMDR and now spends half her working life teaching EMDR Therapy trainings and providing consultation for EMDR therapists. In 2017, she developed a two day EMDR Advanced training workshop titled “Dealing with Avoidance in EMDR Therapy: Blocking Beliefs, Defenses, and Getting Unstuck” based on Jim Knipe’s EMDR Toolbox. Crystal maintains a small private practice and lives with her husband, two teenage boys, and three rescue dogs in South Bend, Indiana.
- Participants will be able to name the 8 Phases of EMDR Therapy
- Participants will be able to list at least 3 ways to help clients when processing is stuck
- Participants will be able to recall 1-2 preparation/resourcing strategies for EMDR Therapy
- Participants will be able to name at least 3 ways to find target memories in EMDR Therapy
- Participants will be able to recall options for utilizing EMDR via telehealth
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.