Tuesday November 16th 2021 10:00 AM EST Michell Stanley, LICSW, RYT, CLC
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Clinicians have much to gain from learning the skills of Life Coaching. While life Coaching is often considered a subset of CBT in truth it is much more.
Social Workers who learn the art of coaching can expand their expertise beyond basic clinical service provision. They can Empower clients and colleagues to be more autonomous. They can enhance their leadership, consulting and mediation skills, as well as these skills in their clients. And facilitate change that comes from the client (inside out vs. outside in).
This training will address ethical applications of life coaching techniques practiced by licensed clinicians.
(Trainer: Michell Stanley, LICSW, RYT, CLC is the founder and director of Moksha Living. Michell helps individuals to develop more Trust, Intimacy, and Balance in order to thrive in the present and secure their legacy. Michell uses the combination of yoga, life coaching, somatic experiencing and mindfulness training for a more “wholistic” approach to psychology. Her experience includes social work in mental health, education, criminal justice and community development arenas. She aims to empower professionals to maximize their potential by expanding their impact and understanding of their own value, through the service they provide and the role they serve in relationships. Michell is currently living in D.C. and L.A while virtually managing a business and working with clients and organizations all over the world. Her practice that started as a 1-woman-show, has expanded into a multi-disciplinary coaching and leadership school that serves the Federal Government, NASA, DC Courts and the NFL by helping their employees tap into their purpose by learning to coach others.)
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- 10:00 -Introduction and brief overview of course objectives & agenda
- 10:10-Define Life Coaching and Differentiate between coaching and therapy
- I0:30- Application of NASW Ethical standards and Social Work Values to Life Coaching
- 11:00- Practice Coaching & Feedback
- 11:30 Teach Masteries on Expanding Possibilities and Perceiving Client's Potential
- 12:00- Practice Coaching on 1st two levels of Listening
- 12:30-Thinking Environment on Maximizing Professional Potential
- 12:30- Closing, Take-Aways, Questions, and Next Steps
- Differentiate between coaching and therapy
- Use the Masteries of the International Association of Coaching™ to evaluate and enhance ethical practices, interventions and relationships with clients.
- Identify avenues to maximize their own professional and personal potential.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
*exclusions apply for reasonable need and cause.