Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 10:00 AM EDT -1:00 PM EDT Mieke Rivka Sidorsky, LCSW-C, CST
Female Sexuality Across the Lifespan. 3-hour workshop
Individual therapists as well as couples therapists deal with women’s sexuality all the time. However, most therapists have no education and training on how to help couples through their sexual concerns and issues during major life cycle events such as when they are trying to conceive, when she is pregnant, postpartum, and menopause.
Is what they are experiencing normal? How do other couples cope with this sexual concern? This course will explore the intricacies of sexual lifecycle events from preventing pregnancy, trying to conceive, pregnancy, postpartum, to menopause. Participants will learn to identify medical, psychological, and socio-cultural factors which are playing a role in her concerns.
They will also learn ways to best support the couple as well as practical intervention techniques to help them through this time in their life.
- Participants will learn the intricacies of sexual lifecycle events of a woman’s life from preventing pregnancy, trying to conceive, pregnancy, postpartum, to menopause.
- Participants will understand the medical, psychological, and socio-cultural factors which affect a woman’s sexuality across her lifespan.
- Participants will learn how they can support women and couples in individual therapy or couples therapy throughout their life with respect to sexual, relational, medical, and psychological challenges throughout life.
- Participants will have 2-3 case studies to discuss.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- 1. Participants will learn the intricacies of sexual lifecycle events of a woman’s life from preventing pregnancy, trying to conceive, pregnancy, postpartum, to menopause.
- 2. Participants will understand the medical, psychological, and socio-cultural factors which affect a woman’s sexuality across her lifespan.
- 3. Participants will learn how they can support women and couples in individual therapy or couples therapy throughout their life with respect to sexual, relational, medical, and psychological challenges throughout life.
Intro (15 mins)
Childhood, Adolescence (15 mins)
Pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, Postpartum (1 hour)
Case studies (20 mins)
menopause and older in life (30 mins)
Case studies (20 mins)
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing email@example.com or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.