Sunday, May 5th, 2024 11:30 AM EDT -12:30 PM EDT Stanley L. Fireman M.Ed LISW-S LMSW
Attendees will learn the basics of psychotherapy. Seasoned therapist can also learn how to develop different "basic" strategies that can enhance their practice. Attendees will learn how to establish a foundation for initial and subsequent sessions. They will learn how to empower their patient/client population and use those strengths to help them reach their therapeutic goals.
This will include the technique of appropriate confrontation when warranted. They will learn the concept of "I need your help" as an empowering technique that can help the patient/client seemingly take "control" of the session.
- Employ empowering statements effectively in at least two role-play scenarios during the course, showing their ability to engage patients/clients collaboratively.
- Demonstrate their skills in applying appropriate confrontation techniques through role-play exercises, addressing patient/client concerns in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Actively involve patients/clients as valuable team members in their therapeutic journey by effectively implementing communication strategies such as "help me understand," as observed in role-play interactions.
What is Psychotherapy? 10 minutes
How to develop a foundation 10 minutes
What is a BASIC strategy? 10 minutes
What is empowerment? 10 minutes
Key phrases 5 minutes
The "I NEED YOUR HELP" strategy 10 minutes
Who is in charge? 10 minutes
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing email@example.com or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.