Mindfulness and Play Therapy: A Mindful Parent Equals a Mindful Family in Play Therapy
120 minutes Previously Recorded
Presenter: Julie Plunkett, LPC, LCPC
Add this webinar to your calendar:
In our hectic, fast paced world we often lose track of what is really important to us which is relationships. Being mindful helps develop a healthier, more holistic approach to oneself, parenting and family relationships. This webinar will provide an introductory overview of traditional and non-traditional play therapy approaches to help parents. Discover play therapy techniques to help parents and families develop a mindful space at home. This understanding can help families find a place of stillness, full awareness, compassion and holistic connections. Enjoy learning mindful activities to use with yourself, parents, children and families!
- Explore what it means to use purposeful parenting in a holistic way that will lead to a mindful family.
- Discover through play therapy what it means to set up a mindful space for the family.
- Enjoy learning practical play therapy activities to use with parents and families.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level Click here to see levels of programing : ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician: Click for Description :
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers (#SW-0048), and by the NYSED’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (#MFT-0046) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0082).