The field of sex therapy has transformed over the past several decades. Early sex therapy research conceptualized sexual problems and solutions as largely biomedical and later approaches considered psychological, relational and social factors. Sex therapy has traditionally been considered a behavioral field, based on providing permission to discuss sex, providing psychoeducation, and cognitive behavioral therapy. More contemporary approaches acknowledge that behavioral techniques have application and utility in the context of an integrated and systemic approach that appreciates individual as well as relational psychological, physical and social factors.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
Add this webinar to your calendar:
- Participants will describe the limitations and contraindications, as well as the appropriate applications of behavioral sex therapy techniques.
- Participants will appreciate the difference between pleasure and performance oriented approaches.
- Participants will learn some basic sex therapy techniques.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level Click here to see levels of programing : ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician: Click for Description :
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers (#SW-0048), and by the NYSED’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (#MFT-0046) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0082).