Friday, August 9th, 2024 10:00 AM EDT -1:00 PM EDT Eli Shapiro, Ed.D, LCSW
Technology today is ubiquitous and inescapable. As mental health professionals and educators we must constantly evaluate the role that technology plays in the lives of the individual and families we work with including its impact on social, psychological and behavioral functioning. COVID - 19, Ai, augmented reality and more have presented increased engagement with and dependence on technology, which is changing the landscape of our social, psychological and behavioral functioning.
Through this session, we delve into the challenges posed by the digital age, with a keen focus on the evolving realm of psychological practice, education, and research. This program is designed to navigate the uncharted waters of this technological surge, equipping educators and mental health professionals with up-to-date insights into the intricate interplay between technology and functioning. By delving into the most recent data and scholarly exploration, participants will uncover essential resources that empower them to navigate this transformative digital landscape.
- Analyze the impact of technology on psychological and behavioral functioning.
- Differentiate and categorize distinct types of screen time and their effects
- Devise comprehensive strategies to enhance the functioning of individuals and families within a technology-driven society
1. Introductions and Ice Breaker (15 minutes)
2. Best of times, worst of times (90 minutes)
Why technology is wonderful
Why technology is awful
The behavioral impact of technology
The misconception of screen time
Enhancement versus intrusion
Recent findings on social medias impact on children
Recent findings on the relationship between technology and loneliness
3. Implications in practice (45 min)
Clinical Strategies: Empower Mental Health Professionals to Address Digital Impact
School Strategies: Promote Healthy Technology Use in Educational Settings
Communal Strategies: Foster Positive Digital Communities and Connections
4. Review and Summary (10 minutes)
5. Q and A (20 minutes)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing email@example.com or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.