Wednesday, May 8th, 2024
Class 1: 10:00 AM EDT
Class 2: 1:45 PM EDT
Full Day Webinar
May 8, 2024
10:00 AM EST - 4:45 PM EST
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99. This webinar is live and interactive (Category 1)
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please contact us here.
Class 1: 10:00AM -1:00PM EST
Sex Therapy for the Non-Sex Therapist: Helping clients with their sexual issues in individual therapy
Most clients will struggle with some aspect of their sex life, whether it is issues with sexual desire, sexual anxiety or aversion, sexual frustration, problems with arousal and orgasm, differences in desire between partners, or painful sex. However, many clients go no further than their individual or couples therapist to work on their sexual concerns. This seminar introduces individual and couples therapists to the basics of helping their clients with their sexual concerns. This will give you the basic anatomy, physiology, and practices of sex therapy to have enough competence and confidence to both talk to and help many of your clients in your practice.
Class 2: 1:45PM-4:45PM EST
The pre-requisite for the class is the completion of "Sex Therapy for the Non-Sex Therapist: Helping clients with their sexual issues in individual therapy" (morning class)
Many couples seek couples therapy. Most couples do not seek out a sex therapist for common sexual difficulties such as a presentation of “differences in desire.” It is essential that couples therapists have some necessary skills to address this very common sexual scenario. How do you help a couple when one person’s desire is so much higher than the other? How do you manage each of their needs without pressuring the lower desire spouse? How do you work with the couple without shaming the higher desire spouse? How can a couple get their “needs” and preferences met while committing to an exclusive and committed relationship? Is sexual desire a need or a want?
About the Presenter
Rivka Sidorsky, LCSW, AASECT is an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist, a licensed clinical social worker, a Social Work Board Certified Supervisor, a Faculty Lecturer, a published author, a Harvard University research fellowship recipient, and an experienced lecturer. In addition to her private practice, Rivka is a writer, researcher, and public speaker. She speaks widely on improving intimacy, female function and dysfunction, and on intimacy after cancer at professional conferences, universities, hospitals, and for community events. She is a professional member of the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists, the International Society for the Study of Women's Sexual Health, and the International Society for Sexual Medicine.
This One Day Seminar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CEs. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
Webinars included in this package:
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Doctors and Other Health Professionals
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing email@example.com or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.