Friday, May 3rd, 2024 10:00 AM EDT -12:00 PM EDT Menachem Hojda, LMSW
Moral Injury is an emerging concept in the field of trauma response that occurs when a person perpetrates or witnesses actions that violate their core beliefs, or is betrayed by a leader or trusted authority. Research has centered around the impact on soldiers, but new research is beginning to look at the impact of moral injury on healthcare workers and other public sector fields. This workshop will examine the history of moral injury beginning in the dark days of the Holocaust through the emerging research that is being published about COVID-19. Clinicians will learn about how to identify and treat moral injury, and strategies to protect themselves from the harm of moral injury.
- Define moral injury and distinguish it from other psychological concepts.
- List 3 dimensions of moral injury
- Describe evidence-based treatment approaches for addressing moral injury.
Defining moral injury (20 minutes)
Identifying moral injury (20 minutes)
Healing from moral injury (15 minutes)
Guided discussion of experiences with moral injury (10 minutes)
Moral injury and the COVID pandemic (15 minutes)
Protective factors (20 minutes)
The future of moral injury guided discussion(20 minutes)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 2 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing email@example.com or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.