The decision to use Directive or Non-Directive Play Therapy is an ongoing debate. Therapists continually debate which approach to use whether it is with individuals, families, or groups. It is no different in Play therapy. A Clinician's training, experience, and comfort level helps him/her to decide which approach to use. When discussing these modalities in Play Therapy, one needs to understand its relationship to Group Play Therapy.
Add this webinar to your calendar:
- Participants will define the terms Directive and Non-Directive Play Therapy
- Participants will relate training and experience to Choice of Modality in Play Therapy
- Participants will learn how these approaches relate to Group Play Therapy
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level Click here to see levels of programing : ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician: Click for Description :
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers (#SW-0048), and by the NYSED’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (#MFT-0046) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0082).