Wednesday, March 27th, 2024 10:00 AM EDT -1:00 PM EDT Alesha Perkins, LCSW
Ethical dilemmas often present formidable challenges for clinicians, placing them at critical crossroads in decision-making. The consequences of making misguided choices can be detrimental, undermining the quality of care provided to the clients we serve.
This course is designed to support clinicians in effectively navigating ethical dilemmas both in-person and in virtual settings, and aims to enhance participants' understanding of ethical decision-making models and best practices.
It will provide clinicians the skills to identify ethical dilemmas, effectively apply the established Code of Ethics, and implement foundational ethical principles, and will emphasize the development of professional boundaries. Clinicians will gain an in-depth examination of the legal implications associated with ethical violations and will empower clinicians with the necessary tools to make ethically sound decisions, thereby enhancing the overall quality of care and safeguarding the well-being of clients.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to define ethics.
- Participants will be able to identify and recognize the Code of Ethics as an ethical guideline.
- Participants will identify ethical dilemmas.
- Participants will utilize decision making models and additional tools/resources as best practices.
- Participants will describe best practices of telehealth.
- Participants will be able to identify what constitutes an ethical violation and legal ramifications.
- Participants will engage in group exercises/discussions to determine best practices for handling ethical dilemmas.
Starting the Journey: (45 minutes)
- Ice Breaker/Self-Assessment
- Definition of Ethics and where Ethics originate
Avoiding Accidents: (30 minutes)
- Identifying Ethical Dilemmas
- Code of Ethics
- Best Practices/Ethical Decision-Making Models
Detour: (20 minutes)
- Telehealth best practices
Encountering Roadblocks: (60 minutes)
- Common Ethical Violations
- Case scenarios/group discussion-breakout rooms
Ending the Journey: (15 minutes)
- Where do we go from here: Tips to prevent legal issues
Q&A: (10 minutes)
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Doctors and Other Health Professionals
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing email@example.com or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.