The Genogram is an invaluable tool for play therapists to use with children and families. The Genogram is an effective way to gather family history and gain insight into family patterns, both in the family of origin and intergenerational. In play therapy it can be used to help understand how parents’ life experiences have influenced their development as parents and the development of the child. The use of various genograms will be looked at in this course including the traditional genogram, a spiritual genogram and the play genogram. These will help the play therapist, the parents and the child gain understanding of these patterns and how they view each other. It can then be used as a basis for change.
Add this webinar to your calendar:
- Learn how to use a genogram in play therapy
- Understand how to interpret family of origin and intergenerational patterns in play therapy
- Explore how to use the genogram within play therapy.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level Click here to see levels of programing : ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician: Click for Description :
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers (#SW-0048), and by the NYSED’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (#MFT-0046) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0082).