Add this webinar to your calendar:
This webinar focuses on essential knowledge of laws pertaining to treatment and particularly treatment of minors. Confidentiality, record keeping, collaboration with other professionals, school, pediatricians and parents will be addressed. Standard of care and use of valid and relevant treatment modalities will be surveyed. Some contrasting difference between adult practice and pediatric practice, with regard to psychotherapy, will be introduced. The professional role, the office setup, privacy and risk management for child therapists will be covered.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will survey and understand ethical standards relevant to the practice of psychotherapy and counseling with minor patients and clients
- Participants will survey and understand legal principles and concerns relevant to providing treatment of minors
- Participants will survey and understand the necessity of utilizing treatment approaches which are evidence based, theory based, and within the standard of practice
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level Click here to see levels of programing : ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician: Click for Description :
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers (#SW-0048), and by the NYSED’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (#MFT-0046) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0082).