Understanding the” role” of the basic “tools” in the playroom is essential to the play therapist. In play therapy, taking an in-depth look at the most frequently used and agreed upon toys in the play space, a traveling play bag or fixed playroom, and the symbolic meaning of toys are all significant discussions related to the therapeutic growth of children. Toys to be examined include the ball, art supplies, board games, sand, chalkboard, and puppets.
Add this webinar to your calendar:
- Learn the role of toys in play therapy
- Discuss the various uses of these identified toys in aiding children in growth in play therapy
- Understand the theoretical placement and value of selected toys in play therapy
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level Click here to see levels of programing : ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician: Click for Description :
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers (#SW-0048), and by the NYSED’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (#MFT-0046) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0082).