Play Therapy with Relationships to Group/Family: Play Therapy......Group/Family Play Therapy, what is it?
120 minutes Previously Recorded
Presenter:Sabra Starnes, LICSW, LCSW-C, RPT-S
Group Play Therapy is more complicated than one thinks. Issues of ethics, multicultural challenges, the role of adolescents, directive vs non-directive are all considerations when deciding to implement Group Play Therapy. How a clinician prepares and implements this approach is critical for success. This webinar will certainly challenge those who are considering doing “group therapy”. It is not a time to do “an art project”….repeat…..this is not a time to do “an art project”……It’s much more sophisticated.
Add this webinar to your calendar:
- Define Group Play Therapy
- Participants will discuss the challenges of implementing Group Play Therapy
- Appreciate the sophistication of this play therapy approach
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level Click here to see levels of programing : ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician: Click for Description :
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers (#SW-0048), and by the NYSED’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (#MFT-0046) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0082).